Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"I lift my eyes up to the mountains..."


On the Aron HaKodesh at the shul here in Cape Town, it says, "Esa einay el ha-harim... I lift my eyes up to the mountains, where shall my help come from?" This famous verse, followed by "My help comes from God, Creator of Heavens on Earth" can be found in many shuls. However what makes it unique here is that over the Aron is a large window, through which one sees the gigantic mass of Table Mountain looming over the shul. Now that's what I call bringing a passuk to life!

3 comments:

Originally From Brooklyn said...

That sounds so cool and uplifting.So unlike a basement shtibul.

Mindy Schaper said...

See frumoutdoorsman.wordpress.com.

He shares your passion for the outdoors.

Anonymous said...

Sound great. Enjoy your trip.